Dear Parents/Junior Players
Re: COVID-19 (Corona Virus) Update – Junior Cricket
Following the Government’s introduction of new measures to slow the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and subsequent endorsement earlier today from the ECB we believe that the responsible course of action is to suspend winter training until further notice. This is of immediate effect.
This is not a decision that was made lightly but one that we believe is the right one under the current circumstances.
We continue to prepare on the basis that the season proceeds as normal in the summer months which is line with the approach being taken by the North Hampshire League in which our junior teams compete. Clearly only time will tell on this but our goal is to play as much cricket as possible. We will be keeping a close eye on developments and will make further updates on this in due course. Our aim is to publish the current fixture schedule as it currently stands within the next week or so.
Head of Colts