I hope you are all enjoying the holidays or at least the sunshine, I know the football starts again imminently but who cares when the most important part of the cricket season is coming up!
- The Saturday 3rd XI having had a perfect season so far can clinch promotion this weekend if they win again. Best of luck to those brave 11!!!
- The ladies soft ball side play at the Ageas Bowl this Sunday, we are not kidding, the actual Ageas bowl! Best of luck to the whole team who can hopefully add to an already successful season.
- The Lashings fixture scheduled for the 6th of September has unfortunately had to be cancelled due to a number of external factors. However, that day is still the Colts presentation day so I would strongly encourage everyone to come down to celebrate the season.
- The date is set for the 2019 Dinner Dance of the 19th of October once again at the stunning Coppid Beach Hotel. Make sure to contact myself, Joe Howorth or Emma Sharp to get your tickets or even full tables today! (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- If you own a business, offer services or simply have loads of stuff then why not submit a prize for the auction or raffle? The Dinner Dance had over 100 attendees last year and is pushing for 130+ this year so you will get plenty of exposure and interest. Please contact myself or Kate Burnett for details.
Some long standing legends of ECC are stepping down from their roles at the end of the season and so I am looking for some volunteers to help take over some of their duties. These are real opportunities to make a difference to our club so please do consider them strongly if you are passionate and want to see us succeed.
- ESA representative: The ESA's primary role is to look after and improve all 3 of our club's collective assets (valued at many millions...) and we as a cricket club have a big stake in these obviously. If you have time for one evening a month and are interested in having a say in how the future of Cross Green or Fox Lane looks then this could be the role for you. Perhaps if you have loads of opinions this might be the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is! (hehe :) )
- Clubhouse Manager: A role that is primarily coordinating between clubs, clients (hires) and staff (the lovely Lisa and family) would be excellent for someone who has experience or would like to learn to run a small business. The bar is a huge part of club life at Eversley (perhaps we drink too much?...) so this is a wonderful role to have if you are a people person with some organisational skills.
- Event organiser: The club is ambitious and wants to achieve great things, with that desire comes a need for people to stand up and put the effort into organising events. The social committee represents the pride of ECC but they need some help and in particular the club needs an individual who is interested creating charity style fundraisers (endurance bike rides, treks, Tough Mudders etc.) to exploit all of the supreme athletic talent at our club...... and motivate the lazier ones of us too!
These are not the only roles available, the club is always looking for volunteers of all shapes and sizes so if you want to be more involved in any capacity please get in touch.
Jon Last, ECC Chairman