For those that couldn’t make the Junior Presentation a quick summary of what we covered on the evening……
Along with the adults our Junior section had a fantastic 2019 season with many many highlights :
Our Junior membership was more than 200 in the U7 to U15 age groups, in addition we had our third season within the “All Stars” programme (aimed at U7s & below) with us running 13 teams in the North Hampshire League playing in excess of 150 games of cricket. In addition to the U11 Girls this year we also ran an U13 Girls team and launched a Ladies Softball team which proved to be a great success & has terrific enthusiasm and momentum.
We had more than 20 Juniors playing representative cricket with Hampshire, Berkshire & Middlesex.
We had in excess of 20 of our current Juniors playing adult cricket, making significant & match winning performances across our adult teams.
All of our teams competed strongly in the North Hampshire League with the following Award winners :
- U9 Royals – winners of Div 1
- U9 Lightning – winners of Div 2
- U11B – winners of Div 2
- U13A – Runners Up of Div 1 & Runners Up in the Cup
- U13 Girls – League Runners Up
- U15A – Runners Up of Div 2 & Winners of the Plate
- U15B – Winners of Div 3
Please note that the North Hampshire Awards evening is on the evening of Sunday 29th September at Lords Wandsworth school – your team Manager/Coaches will advise you of the details.
On the coaching front Julian Cummings, Trevor Welham, Paul Neville & Glenn Moffat all achieved their UKCC2 “coaching badges”…..we now have 19 qualified coaches.
And on the back of our preparation for Clubmark we entered ourselves for the Hampshire Coaching Club of the Year award……and won it!
The Club’s annual awards were as follows :
- The Sally Hartle Award for (Young Player - Spirit of Cricket) was awarded to Arun Shah (U9)
- The Geoff Bundy Award (Services to the Junior section over many years) was awarded to Andy South. Andy has coached at Eversley for in excess of 12 years (& been a player for a whole load more).
- The Colt of the Year award was awarded to Zac Waight (U13) who had a fantastic year for the U13A team as well as for our adult 3rd team & in playing for Berkshire. I won’t go into all of the terrific stats but as one of his coaches summarised “Fantastic cricketer, terrific lad”.
The Club’s Dinner Dance is on Saturday October 19th – I’m sure you will have seen various communications, but this is 1/ as much about the Junior section as the Adult section – all our welcome 2/ its an important fund raiser for the club 3/ it really is a great evening…I hope to see you there.
Winter training is now only c. 15 weeks away ! Look out for the 2020 membership letters in a few week’s time !